I am selling Augur REP

Previous topic - Next topic

zack

I was involved in augur's development, and will own some of the REP when it launches.
I want to sell it for bitcoin now.
We can use a 2 of 3 multisig like Hedgy as our escrow, so you don't have to trust me. I am willing to lock up some of my bitcoins too, to show you I am not wasting your time.

We could use the price off gatecoin: https://gatecoin.com/

zack

Joey agreed to help me sell my rep, so we dont have to use an escrow.
The only rule is that you can't re-sell the rep until after the distribution of rep to everyone.

zack

edit: Paul doesn't actually have rep. sorry.

I'm pretty sure Paul Sztorc has over 10,000 rep.
Unless he already sold them.

I would pay 10 bitcoin for your rep.

All you have to do is write a comment here saying you want to sell to me, and write a bitcoin address that you control, I will handle everything else.

psztorc

Haha, I was never offered nor given any Rep.
Nullius In Verba

sflicht

Zack, are you still interested in buying REP? I have a decent amount I'm willing to sell -- make me an offer. (I assume you were joking about paying Paul at a price of 0.0001, since I think market rate is a little higher right now (http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/augur/).

zack

I don't trust the price on that website because they don't have any markets. Even gatecoin is dead now.
I have consistently been selling my rep at a lower price than that, and I am not finding as many customers as I want.

I can't afford to pay anything above 0.003 for rep, because I already have too much, and am struggling to sell.

sflicht

OK, thanks. I'm not interested in selling any at 0.003 but perhaps I'll check back with you later.

zack

Check out reptrader on reddit. Maybe you can sell there.

sflicht

Zack, thanks for the pointer to reptrader. I'm about to sell 813 REP at 0.0054 BTC. If you want to make a higher bid, let me know ASAP.

On the flip side, I think my counterparty wants to buy even more, at roughly this price. So let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch.

zack

Don't rush your trade. That seems like a bad price to me.
Last I heard, it was 0.007 BTC per rep.

sflicht

I did the trade and I was happy with the price. It was consistent with all the recent trades on reptrader, and as far as I'm concerned everything above the 2BTC I payed in the presale is just gravy... I've come around to Paul's POV that Ethereum in general, and Augur in particular, is extremely unlikely to gain any real traction.

Nonstop323

I still like the idea though I'm definitely one of those guys waiting daily for Augur yup any day now...