Secret's Out

Previous topic - Next topic

psztorc

Nullius In Verba

zack

I didn't know anyone was working on a bitcoin version. This is great.
Should I test it out yet? Would you consider putting a linux binary up so that I don't have to compile it?

pythonwiz

It's pretty easy to compile on Ubuntu, there are instructions in doc/build-unix.md .

pythonwiz

I think there is a typo in the white paper, at the top of page 15?

QuoteWhen the ranks tie, the raw (un-ranked) outcomes for each option are compete on a common statistical metric: minimized sum of squared errors

psztorc

Quote from: pythonwiz on June 23, 2015, 08:33:16 PM
I think there is a typo in the white paper, at the top of page 15?

QuoteWhen the ranks tie, the raw (un-ranked) outcomes for each option are compete on a common statistical metric: minimized sum of squared errors

...damn, you caught one.
Nullius In Verba

psztorc

Quote from: zack on June 23, 2015, 08:03:35 PM
I didn't know anyone was working on a bitcoin version. This is great.
Should I test it out yet? Would you consider putting a linux binary up so that I don't have to compile it?

I would but the project is changing kind of quickly...you could fork and publish your own signed binaries, and I'll tell people how much I doubt you tampered with them.
Nullius In Verba

pythonwiz

I threw together a script that builds truthcoin-cpp. It's basically a frankenstein of code from the instructions. It's only meant to work on Ubuntu, and I've only tested it on Ubuntu 14.04

#!/bin/bash
# First install dependencies
echo -e "\033[1mInstalling dependencies...\n\033[0m"
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev autoconf pkg-config libssl-dev libboost-all-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev git

# Then clone the repo
echo -e "\033[1m\nCloning truthcoin repo\n\033[0m"
git clone https://github.com/truthcoin/truthcoin-cpp.git
cd truthcoin-cpp

# I'm not sure is this step should come before or after building BDB
echo -e "\033[1m\nRunning autogen.sh\n\033[0m"
./autogen.sh

echo -e "\033\nDownloading and installing BDB 4.8\n\033[0m"
#Now install bdb
TRUTHCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)

# Pick some path to install BDB to, here we create a directory within the truthcoin directory
BDB_PREFIX="${TRUTHCOIN_ROOT}/db4"
mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX

# Fetch the source and verify that it is not tampered with
wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c
# -> db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz: OK
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz

# Build the library and install to our prefix
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/
#  Note: Do a static build so that it can be embedded into the exectuable, instead of having to find a .so at runtime
../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
make install

# Configure Truthcoin Core to use our own-built instance of BDB
echo -e "\033[1m\nBuilding truthcoin-cpp\n\033[0m"
cd $TRUTHCOIN_ROOT
./configure --enable-upnp-default LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/"
make
echo -e "\033[1m\nUse truthcoin-cpp/src/qt/trucoin-qt to run the GUI!\033[0m"

I've attached it so you can just download and run. You may need to chmod +x truthcoin_build.sh before you can run it.

erb

Will you be providing updates on a regular basis?

Since I gave up my own (toy) PM implementation (mostly played with frontend stuff and use cases) I have been waiting for something to follow, perhaps help out with.
Augur is great, but I have my reservations about Ethereum and I'm bothered/concerned by the lack of a reliable release date. Hopefully the $350k/month devs have put some of their salary into the Fairlay PM making it a somewhat realistic indicator.

psztorc

Yes, starting this time next week there will be weekly technical updates. On twitter I will announce milestones.

We could definitely use help as our dev takes frequent, lengthy vacations (including right now)...haha. He's very productive, though. There is definitely a lot of work to be done in general, especially front-end stuff, and of course testing.
Nullius In Verba