Website Up thanks to Alex

Previous topic - Next topic

psztorc

The website at www.truthcoin.info is now sort of up!

Its not really finished, until I get the new docs and some block posts up, but it is a start.
Nullius In Verba

zack

ghabs

keystrike

Nice new post today but as people have not moved to p2pool so far what makes you think they will do so in the future? I read that people think it increases their variance.

I.e. "The chain continuously regulates its target to keep generation around one share every thirty seconds, just as Bitcoin regulates it to generate one block every ten minutes. This means that finding shares becomes more difficult (resulting in higher variance) the more people mine on P2Pool, though large miners have the option to raise their difficulty, and so reduce the impact of their mining on P2Pool's minimum difficulty."

psztorc

I don't know the details, but I've heard that those are "fixable problems" by playing with the share difficulty or number of P2Pools themselves. I've also heard that there are some benefits unique to P2Pool, that you know you aren't being screwed but also a "faster something" (block propagation time?) because the nodes can trust each other's connections more (or something).

My understanding was that it was just far too inconvenient to set up.
Nullius In Verba