Prediction Markets (PMs) can be confusing. Even people who work in Finance have often never even heard of them.
In my intro paper (https://github.com/psztorc/Truthcoin/raw/master/docs/1_Purpose.pdf) I linked to a number of videos designed to make the education process relatively painless:
1. John Stossel gives an introduction, The Stossel Show, (4:13).
2. Neil deGrasse Tyson sketches out the general idea, Real Time with Bill Maher, (1:22).
3. InTrade and the 2008 Presidential Election, CNBC, (2:22).
4. CEO of InTrade on Elections and Recessions, Kudlow Report, (4:06).
5. News segment on PMs, The Stossel Show, (8:31).
These are great videos. This idea goes so much deeper though. New videos about Truthcoin itself need to be made.
This is indeed a great collection. I saw Neil deGrasse Tyson one before and he always amuses me.